Immunizations and Vaccines
Influenza (Flu) and You
Are you concerned about the flu? You can find clear factual information about flu viruses at the US government website by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention.
Flu.gov has information suitable for the whole family.
People born prior to 1957 should not require a booster shot as they are considered immune (most likely exposed to measles as a child).
People who are born during or after 1957 who do not have evidence of immunity against measles should get one dose of MMR as an adult.
The MMR vaccine is most likely NOT covered by insurance. We will be glad to attempt to bill your insurance for this service. The total cost for the vaccine is $125 (this includes the admin fee).
For patients who would like to have the booster shot:
- Schedule a nurse visit for the MMR injection
- We will ask you to sign our vaccine ABN in case this is not covered by insurance
For patients who would like to check their Immune Status:
- Schedule a lab appointment for the MMR Titer
- We will ask you to sign an ABN in case this is not covered by insurance
PLEASE NOTE: Patients getting the MMR booster should be aware this is not immediate immunity. It could take up to 2 weeks or longer for full immunity to take place.
- This is a live virus so caregivers/family should not get the vaccine if they are around immunocompromised people.
- Pregnant women SHOULD NOT be vaccinated.
For more information, please refer to the CDC website